Sunday, December 7, 2008

Importance of Keeping Sabbath Holy

Today is Sunday, only once a month that I am fasting.

So that my body can rest healthy. As for the daily food eating and liquid drinking body functions and it is time for resting. Especially good for the heart!

As I previously talked about fasting there is another reason so I can feel PEACE from God. It gives me relaxation to mind and my living soul.

I have its definition so you will understand, that FAITH.

Gospel: "To abstain from food and drink for the purpose of drawing closer to the Lord"

Then tomorrow Monday through Saturday you can eat all you want. Be careful to gain weight especially to heart.

Be sure to drink 8 glasses of water a day. So you can live longer and enjoy life!

In addition, it depends when I get the spirit then I stand and bear my testimony of the gospel during Christ's true church. It is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

This chruch was restored in 1830 from the original church during Christ's ministry long time ago. It organized the same as presently organization of restored church!

It gives you PEACE and Guidance and Direction for my family and to ALL those faithful members known as covenant people.

You may ask me some questions about this church. There are many ANSWERS to your questions. For that we have received modern revelations since the church was organized.

My mother I realled before she passed away at the health south hospital when I showed her the Mormon disk about Christ Church had made or provided.

And she said, "Church did a wonderful job!"

5 comments:

MARJA said...

Hi Tom!
So nice to read your blog again.
When you fast, can you still drink water that day?
Yes, it IS the right way to feel peace and feel closer to God.
And like you said, it's also very good for your health. People sometimes eat too much. They really "stuff" themselves! :o)

Take care my friend!
Love to you and Carolyn,
Marja

Rebecca Talley said...

Fasting is a wonderful opportunity to feel closer to the Lord and to let our spirit be in charge of our physical self for a time.

Kristy Robinson Chandler said...

Hi Tom:) I came across your blog and I just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas!!

Pen said...

Thank you for sharing this Tom.
I recal conversations with your mother. She always inspired me.
Looks like you are following on.

Tom Osmond said...

Hi Marja!

One of these days my family and I will fly over and visit you. Ha!

When I fast, I still cannot drink within 24 hours as part of God's commandment for a reason.

So after partaking the sacrament, you can go ahead and drink.

Eating too much is not right and it affects to the heart and gain weight. (Fat is ugly!)

I like to stay thin and it is good for the heart!

You take care!

Love you too LOL!